Enjoy three days with an extended family of friends—Chancellor’s Society donors just like you. There’s always something happening: do it all or simply relax. Check out photos from last year’s event to get a sense of the fun that awaits.
Whether you want to spend your days relaxing or take advantage of the full slate of activities provided, you are sure to enjoy every minute of your three-day getaway. Activities include:
- Fishing, hiking and other outdoor adventures
- Volleyball, putting green, croquet and shuffleboard
- Swimming in the solar-heated pool (availability dependent upon weather)
Bruin Woods has something for everyone in the family! Your children will be making new friends and enjoying all the activities that make up Bruin Woods’ incredible children’s program.
- Bruin Wood’s exclusive children’s program—for kids ages 3 through 18—allows your child to enjoy age-appropriate activities supervised by our extraordinary team of UCLA student camp counselors
- Your child will enjoy a day filled with activities—including arts and crafts, games, sports, nature walks and more—with kids close to their own age. Rest assured, our teenage guests have a program tailored to their interests too!
Our Bruin Woods weekend program has a wealth of activities specially designed especially for adults!
- Professional-led tennis clinics
- Arts and crafts workshops
- Special UCLA faculty member presentation
Faculty Presentation – Professor Paul Habibi
The U.S. Economy – Where We Are and Where We’re Headed
Professor Paul Habibi will guide us through a snapshot of where the macroeconomy is headed, and highlight the opportunities and challenges to come. We will explore some of the latest headline news and data points, and determine what it means for the near-and mid-term future.
Paul Habibi is a Continuing Lecturer of Finance and Real Estate at UCLA Anderson School of Management and Lecturer in Law at UCLA School of Law. He is consistently a top finalist for the Teacher of the Year Award and began his teaching career at UCLA in 2004.
Widely quoted, he has appeared on BBC World News, Bloomberg, CNN, FOX News, NBC’s The Today Show, NPR, and all major dailies including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and Financial Times. A highly sought-after speaker, he regularly presents to leading business, government, and nonprofit organizations.
Outside of campus, Professor Habibi is Principal and Co-Founder of Habibi Properties, LLC, which owns and manages three divisions: (1) multi-family apartments in the Los Angeles area; (2) single-family homes in Kansas City, Missouri (Arrowhead Residential Funds); and, (3) almond and pistachio orchards in California’s San Joaquin Valley.
He is also Principal of Grayslake Advisors, LLC, which provides expert witness and litigation support services to large multinational law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government and regulatory agencies. The firm has been retained in some of the highest profile cases in the country. Its clients include Goldman Sachs, McKinsey & Company, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the U.S. Attorney’s Office, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.